We regularly seek enthusiastic and talented people to join the small and friendly Hatch Brenner team on Theatre Street.
Private Family Law Solicitor/Legal Executive
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Private Family Solicitor or Legal Executive (up to 5 years’ PQE) to join the expanding and dynamic Family Department at Hatch Brenner Solicitors in Norwich city centre.
This exciting position will encompass a broad range of family matters including divorce, financial remedy, separation, civil partnership, children arrangements and private child law, pre- and post-nuptial agreements and cohabitation disputes. In addition to this, you will be involved in co-working on complex and high-net-worth family matters.
In this full-time position, you will undertake Private Family law fee earning work, working both independently and with the Team. You will also develop and maintain excellent relationships with Hatch Brenner’s current clients as well as contribute to business development and growing the Family law portfolio.
- Acting for clients in divorce, financial remedy and private law Children Act cases
- Winning new client business through referrals and business development activities
- Responsible for a caseload of Private Family matters including:
- Divorce and Dissolution of civil partnerships
- Financial remedy
- Financial provision for children
- Separation agreements
- Cohabitation agreements
- Pre/Post nuptial agreements
- Competent file management
- Ability to manage client expectations
- Effective credit control
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firm’s quality and risk management procedures (Lexcel)
- Attendance at departmental meetings and firmwide networking events
- The ideal candidate will be ambitious, enthusiastic and have a real passion for Family law, with experience ideally in a national or regional firm.
The ideal candidate will be ambitious, enthusiastic and have a real passion for Family law, with experience ideally in a national or regional firm.
An exciting position has arisen for a Receptionist to join the Hatch Brenner Solicitors team in our Norwich city centre office.
As front-of-house, you will be the first face visitors to the office will encounter. You will project a professional image in-person and through phone interaction and provide general administrative support. This full-time role requires a dynamic, organised and tech-savvy individual.
- Greeting all visitors to the business in a professional, welcoming manner and announcing them for meetings.
- Answering the main switchboard telephone in a timely manner and transferring calls to the relevant person.
- Keeping records of visitors and callers.
- Copying client ID documents when clients visit our office and passing them on to the relevant staff member.
- Ensuring any documents dropped off by clients are passed on to the relevant staff member.
- Dealing with deliveries for the business and arranging for them to be collected by/delivered to the correct recipient.
- Promoting a professional image and being knowledgeable about the services the firm provides.
- Ensuring the reception area and meeting rooms are always maintained in a clean and tidy state. This may require clearing away cups etc and wiping tables in meeting rooms as necessary.
- Providing refreshments to clients, employees and visitors when attending meetings in the office, as required.
- Taking card payments with an electronic card machine.
- Other administration duties as directed.
- You will be a dynamic, enthusiastic person
- Passionate to provide only the highest level of service.
- You will be articulate and have the ability to hold polite and positive conversations.
- Willingness to learn
At Hatch Brenner our people drive our business; our culture in the office is as important as our client relationships. We pride ourselves as a high-quality employer, with consistently strong employee ratings. A passion for client service brings us together but we also know how to have fun as a group.
- City centre location
- Regular social events
- Work/Life balance
Private Client Vacancies
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated solicitor 2yr PQE or a qualified legal executive with ambition to work in our private client department. This full-time role will require undertaking fee earning work, working both independently and as a member of the team, maintaining existing relations with the firm’s clients and assisting and helping develop new relationships with third-party referrers.
- To undertake fee earning work, working both independently and as a member of the team and provide a profitable contribution to the work of the department.
- To maintain existing relations with the firm’s clients and assist and help develop new relationships with third-party referrers.
- Conduct of private client and related matters, on behalf of clients.
- Drafting of Wills, Trusts, Lasting Powers of Attorney and dealing with Trust and Estate Administration.
If you are interested in applying for any of the roles above contact Ian Johnson.