People / Colin Cook
- Colin Cook
- Job title:
- Partner, Head of the Dispute Resolution Department
- Accidents Abroad / Accidents at Work / Accidents in a Public Place / Assault / Children’s Accidents / Chronic Pain / Compensation / Fatal Accidents / Inquests and Fatal Accidents / Inquest FAQs / Road Traffic Accidents / Spinal Injuries / Personal Injury Case Studies / Personal Injury FAQs / Understanding your Symptoms / Funding Your Claim / Rehabilitation / Compensation Claims Guidance / Court of Protection / Personal Injury Trusts / Brain Injury Case Studies / Professional Negligence / Professional Negligence Case Studies / Professional Negligence FAQs / Accident and Emergency / Birth Injury and Pregnancy / Cancer / Cosmetic Surgery / Defective Medical Products / Dental / Eye Treatment and Surgery / GP and Nursing / Heart Surgery and Cardiology / Inquests and Fatal Accidents / Medication Errors / Nursing and Care Home Claims / Orthopaedic / Surgical Claims / Medical Negligence Case Studies / Medical Negligence FAQs
- 01603 214 210
- 01603 766 335
- Court of protection
- Personal injury trusts
- Individual disputes
- Corporate disputes
- Medical disputes
- Road traffic and cycling accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Fatal accidents
- Accidents in a public place
- Medical and dental negligence
- Holiday claims
I am a Partner and Head of the Dispute Resolution Department. A Personal Injury Solicitor, I specialise in Brain Injuries, Accident Claims and Medical Negligence.
I have considerable experience in dealing with all manner of cases from minor low value road traffic cases to catastrophic cases involving acquired brain injury, in which I have a special interest. I am experienced in dealing with Criminal Injury Compensation Authority claims. I acted in a high profile case involving a local concrete business, and I am currently acting in other high profile local fatal cases.
I am proud to have helped hundreds of clients get the compensation they are entitled to ranging from several thousand to over a million pounds as well as access to specialist rehabilitation services. Our local clients benefit from the very best standards of face to face client care. Free initial meetings are available as are home visits and out of hours appointments.
Having studied at Liverpool John Moore University and qualifying in practice in Lancashire, I have been involved in personal injury law for almost 20 years. Having worked as a Partner for a London firm, I moved to Norfolk and joined Hatch Brenner, Norwich in 2005.
I sit on the board of trustees for Headway Norfolk & Waveney and Hatch Brenner is delighted to be included on the Headway Solicitor’s Directory once again for 2019. I hold accreditation from the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) as a Senior Litigator and Brain Injury Specialist. APIL are dedicated to promoting the interests of accident victims. I am included in the Spinal Injuries Association list of accredited Personal Injury Solicitors for 2019/20. I am also a member of the Norfolk & Norwich Medico Legal Society, Eastern Region Brain Injury Forum and the Norfolk Area Brain Injury Forum.
Find out more
In this video, Colin outlines his specialism, and how Hatch Brenner approaches Personal Injury legal representation:
What do others say?
The Legal 500 has stated that Colin Cook “always impresses with his client care and tailored approach”. He "particularly impresses with his willingness to take on risky cases and get favourable results". Recommending Colin as a leading lawyer for Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence: Claimant in their 2021 Edition, the Legal 500 commented: "Litigation partner Colin Cook specialises in brain injuries, accident claims and medical negligence. He also has experience in dealing with Criminal Injury Compensation Authority claims." The listed testimonials included:
‘I think Hatch Brenner Solicitors is unique because of the way it treats different aspects of the case. The in-house peers from secretaries to solicitors handle all aspects of the case very professionally.‘
‘My solicitor, Colin Cook, took over my case from another solicitor midway through my case and I found him professional in taking over the case. He and his secretary helped put my mind at easy during every stage.‘
‘In my experience, Hatch Brenner provides an excellent PI service. I find their dedication to detail, their breadth of experience and their commitment to the client far superior to many of their competitors.‘
‘I have worked with Colin on head injury claims for c.15 years and there are few solicitors in the country who can match his level of insight and expertise.’
‘[Colin] spent good quality time with me and my family to evaluate every possible consequence…..I would recommend Colin to anyone going through something similar. I was always kept informed of progress and felt like he had a genuine care for my future.’
‘We were completely satisfied with the caring, warm service received, and the way every query was answered in a prompt manner. We were supported throughout and would not hesitate to recommend to others.’
‘The brain injury claim was complicated. It demanded of the legal team the highest levels of competence, excellence and professionalism which they all delivered without exception.’